Monday, May 16, 2011

"Francisco" - thats a fun word

WELCOME TO CHINA TOWN!!!!!!!!!

Our first real day in Cali we decided to have a bit of fun. We got to our new temporary home early Saturday morning. We had driven all night and we were really tired. We decided to hit the grocery stores and fill up the empty refrigerator and cupboards with some food and snacks. Later that day we went to the pool for the first time. Our apartment complex has many pools FIVE 5 to be exact! I am just fine with that :) After spending a few hours catching rays we did the shopping. We ate at Five Guys... Pretty good competitor to IN-N-OUT I would have to say and then we came home and hit the hay. The next (The first day in our new home) we woke up and got ready and decided to drive some more. We drove to San Francisco which is about an hour drive and went into the city. We ate at a little hole in the wall called House of Nan King... Deelish mmm! Then we went to see the sites. First we visited the famous china town....
 In one little shop we went to the chinese people had food just waiting to be killed and eaten. Can you say shrimp? :) These little buggers were still swimming and crawling all over each other. I'm not a big fan of shrimp so I ended up just feeling bad for the lil guys.

I absolutely love fairy tales. I wonder if these toads/frogs are awaiting a kiss from a princess so they can become a prince... or are they waiting to be on a dinner platter? 
 I'm not exactly sure what the middle thing is but it just looks gross. It's kinda funny what people will eat. Especially in China Town. If I had to live there and eat like them, I think I would starve. BARF!!





No comments:

Post a Comment