Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Francisco" - thats a fun word


Aquarium at the Bay


I took all of these pictures. The Jelly Fish were one of my favorite things. They are AmAzAzing.... They are basically see-through. You can see the water on the other side. "Totally Awesome DUDE" - Finding Nemo. I hope seeing these pictures makes you want to go watch that movie 


Me and the Hubby in front of the Jellies. I thought it would be fun to give it a little coloring book effect. 


This is my favorite picture that I took out of all the many pictures that I took this day. It completely blows my mind to see how these little guys look and what they can do. 

A TRIBUTE TO THE JELLIES

In honor of these fascinating creatures I decided to come with a list of ten facts about Jelly Fish ...

1. Jelly fish have no bones
2. Jelly fish have no brains
3. Jelly fish have no hearts
4. Jelly fish have no eyes
5. Jelly fish have been around for over 650 million years - they outdate dinosaurs
6. The box jellyfish kills more humans than any other type of marine life
7. A jellyfish can be up to 8 ft. and its tentacles can stretch to be half the length of a football field 
8. Jellyfish are made up of more than 95% water
9. There are over 200 species of "true jellyfish
10. Jellyfish are symmetrical 

Along with the jellyfish, we saw a lot of other amazing creatures. We saw whirlwinds of fish, sharks, starfish and more. I even got to touch a starfish, and some other fun creatures. They feel so cool. 

Here are some other fun photos of the aquarium at the bay. 











No comments:

Post a Comment